American Equity Intern, Video Production Artist - Communications Department in West Des Moines, Iowa
Intern, Video Production Artist - Communications Department
West Des Moines
This is an internship for spring of 2019
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Responsible for creating video and sound productions, including shooting, editing, and routing for approval. In addition, will be responsible for shooting and editing general company photography needs. Position will shadow and take direction from Senior Video
Production Artist and Graphic Director. Applicants must currently be enrolled in a related degree program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates video and photography shoots.
• Conceptualizes/storyboards for videos.
• Creates videos and photography.
• Edits videos and photography.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school or equivalent, plus one year of video recording and editing experience. Must currently be enrolled in a related degree program.
Knowledge of non-linear video editing and motion graphic software. Adobe Suite a plus.
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to work cooperatively and successfully with co-employees within the company.
• Be able to manage time appropriately
• Ability to successfully handle pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Exceptional internal and external customer service.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively in small group settings.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATIONS:
None for this position.
• Must be able to multi-task and trouble shoot.
• Position has many projects with tight deadlines. Time management is needed. Must be able to direct small and large groups of people in a video/photography setting.
• Requires communicating with many people on multiple projects internally and externally.
• Minimal travel may be required.