Blue Stone Therapy Solutions HR Intern in West Des Moines, Iowa
Are you a college student interested in learning more about the HR profession? Blue Stone Therapy is growing and we are seeking an Intern to learn about hiring requirements and support our organizational growth.
The HR Intern – Onboarding Assistant will assist in the new employee onboarding process by a wide variety of duties in some or all of the following areas upon acceptance of an offer from new hires: tracking the completion of all new hire paperwork, conducting employee reference checks, creating complete and accurate personnel files, and being a resource to new hires and managers communicating important start date information. Hours are flexible Monday through Friday; 10-20 hours per week.
- Works with candidates serving as primary contact for background checks, new hire paperwork and on-boarding ensuring customer service, compliance as well as completion in a timely manner. h3. HR Administrative Support
- Provides administrative support in the creation of new employee personnel files, and I-9 maintenance.
Supports the Human Resources team on a wide variety of administrative functions, consulting on projects as identified. Skills::
Strong professional communication skills– written and verbal
- Ability to be flexible with work assignments
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to managing priorities/deadlines while maintaining accuracy
- Basic computer knowledge using Word, Excel, email and web-based programs.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize
- Must be able to problem solve