UnityPoint Health Student Nurse Summer Internship 2022 in Waterloo, Iowa
Student Nurse Internship (Starts May 16-July 29, 2022)
UnityPoint - Home Care & Home Hospice
Full-time hours, Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm over 10 weeks
• One credit class with tuition reimbursed by UnityPoint at Home.
• 10-week hourly paid position.
• Customizable internship tracks available in select locations.
• Build strong professional relationships with clinical team members.
• Gain confidence in performing technical skills.
• Develop clinical judgment skills and priority setting.
Transition to Nurse Residency Program:
• Those that successfully complete the internship would be considered a
preferred candidate for the nurse residency program.
• Residency program includes a commitment to work one year (12 months)
in a full-time status as a Registered Nurse at Unity Point at Home.
• Cost of NCLEX prep course and testing reimbursed by UnityPoint at Home
if intern commits to Nurse Residency Program.
Why UnityPoint Health?
Culture – At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
Benefits – Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage you’re in.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment – We’re committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
Development – We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
Community Involvement – Be an essential part of our core purpose—to improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
UnityPoint at Home (UPaH) comprehensively cares for people in their
homes who are coping with illness, injury, end of life care needs, or
post-operative healing. Our experienced, multidiscplinary team works
closely with people and their providers to design and implement personalized
plans of care that address the specific needs and goals of every patient.
UnityPoint at Home (UPaH):
• Provides adult and pediatric home care, home medical equipment retail and
service, and specialty pharmacy and infusion support.
• Partners with people and their families to provide end-of-life hospice services.
• Collaborates with acute care facilities and clinics to create seamless transitions
• Current enrollment in an accredited ADN, BSN or Accelerated Program (either
entering 4th year of BSN Program or last 2 terms of ADN program)
• GPA 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
• Current AHA BLS Card- Professional Provider
• Submit proof of state approved Certified Nurse Aide Course (CNA)
• All interns are required to be enrolled in a nursing course during
the duration of the internship.
• Accepted January 1 - February 15, 2022
• UnityPoint at Home Application
• Two letters of recommendation from college/clinical faculty
• UnityPoint at Home Letter of Intent that answers:
What influenced you to pursue a career in nursing?
Why are you interested in the Nurse Internship Program?
Where do you see yourself in five years?
• Deadline for application materials: February 15, 2022
Requisition ID: 2021-103362
Street: 3731 University Ave
Name: 9400 UnityPoint at Home Affiliate
Name: Operations- WL
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 0.01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: 10 weeks, Full-time: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org