The Raymond Corporation Co-Op – Quality Engineer, Summer 2023 - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
Co-Op – Quality Engineer (Summer 2023)
About our company:
The Raymond Corporation is a division of the Toyota Industries Corporation. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, innovation and growth. Our Associates are the foundation of our continued success. If you’re innovative and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
About the position:
Quality Engineering Co-Ops at Raymond have led their own projects that have an impact on the daily quality operations that support production. You will be working with a cross-functional team to resolve issues, form processes, and help Raymond meet its Toyota vision. Assists in the development, planning, testing, and/or modification of manufacturing processes and systems within a TPS-based environment.
- Collects data and develops information to establish or improve manufacturing processes and procedures to support better quality results.
- Analyzes data to determine machine or process capacity, worker utilization, and process capability.
- May participate in interdepartmental teams to specify, design, develop, and apply manufacturing aids for increased ergonomics and quality.
- Provide regular work updates to Lead Engineers or the department manager.
These positions are available at the Muscatine, Iowa, facility where trucks are designed, prototyped, tested, and manufactured in their entirety.
The ideal candidate will have a basis of manufacturing, mechanical, industrial, or quality engineering coursework completed and a desire to put those skills to work on real-world problems and solutions in a cross-functional team environment. We are seeking a creative, energetic problem solver with good communication and teamwork skills. Experience with design of experiments and data analysis is preferred. Exposure to assembly and/or metal fabrication processes (welding, CNC machining or turning, forming) is preferred. Self-motivation and strong interpersonal skills are required. The successful co-op should expect to leave much better qualified as an entry-level engineer with experience from a global leader in a variety of manufacturing processes.
About the schedule:
This position is 1st shift and will work Monday - Friday.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s degree, rising Juniors or above
- This is an entry-level position; no previous experience is required
About the total compensation package:
Wage – Ranges from $20 to $22 per hour depending on education level
- Housing stipend available to qualified students
- Eligible to participate in company events
- Short-Term disability
- Comprehensive 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Sick leave
- Company-paid Holidays