Michael Foods (M.G. WALDBAUM COMPANY) Operations Internship in LENOX, Iowa
Business Unit Overview
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that\'s First in Food.
Michael Foods, Inc. located in Lenox, Iowa and often called the \"Pearl of the Prairie\" is where you can find small town living, focused on family and friends, with big city amenities not far from reach in Des Moines, Omaha, and Kansas City. Located in southwest Iowa, Taylor county, with a population of around 1400, the Lenox area reaches far beyond the city limits with beautiful and productive fields of corn, beans, and other croplands. Lenox holds an amazing four day Rodeo every July and is home to a beautiful 36-9 hole golf course, several fishing and boating lakes, great area hunting, a beautiful city park with swimming pool, and many picnic parks. The MFI location in Lenox produces primarily pre-cooked egg patties. With its friendly atmosphere, safe environment, and progressive spirit, Lenox is a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family.
The operations internship position is involved in manufacturing production achievements and implementation of process improvement activities at Michael Foods, Inc. This position should also build capability and provide a pipeline of future talent for Michael Foods.
Be part of the plant operations team; assist with daily production activity by partnering with operations supervisory team and work with CI, Quality, and Maintenance team on process improvements and productivity goals for the Plant.
Major responsibilities include:
- Adherence to Safety and Environment policy
- Compliance to Quality and Food Safety requirements
- Understanding Production Demands, Plans and Requirements at SKU level
- Leading a team of operators and technicians through day-to-day process execution
- Tracking, Monitoring and Drive of Key Process Indicators (KPI\'s)
- OEE and downtime calculations
- Process Loss
- Cost Impact
- Exposure to Key Leadership Competency at work place:
- Ensure accountability and Direct Works
- Manage complexity, Ambiguity and Conflict
- Business insights and Financial Acumen
- Collaboration and Communicates effectively
- Decision Quality
- Value Differences
- Customer focus
- Plans and align
``` - Opportunity to involved in: - Productivity Teams: Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement activities - Data collection and manipulation
``` - - Process and Equipment capability analysis - Work with Maintenance and Operations Team on equipment trouble shooting and equipment setup
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor\'s or Master\'s Degree program related to business management or engineering field.
- Basic understanding on OEE, plant performance, root cause analysis, process continuous improvement and Six Sigma tools/improvement cycle
- Excellent verbal and oral communication skills and be able to influence others.
- Eager to learn and challenge yourself; self-directed, detail oriented, reliable and strong initiative
- Strong statistical skills include but not limited to statistical process control (SPC), capability analysis, linear regressions, categorical data analysis and design of experiment (DOE).
- Microsoft Office user capabilities and any CMMS experience is a plus
- Be able to work 10 consecutive weeks during the months of May through August 2019.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all of the duties required of the position.
Michael Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or a physical or mental disability.