SHAZAM HP Systems Programming Intern- $25/hour in Johnston, Iowa
HP Systems Programming Intern- $25/hour
Location Johnston, IA
Job Code 784
# of openings 1
Apply Now (https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh04/ats/careers/v2/applyRequisition?org=SHAZAM&cws=37&rid=784)
Find your passion and make a difference!
We know how important it is to find the right organization and start your career on the right path. We know you’re not just looking for an internship. Teaming with SHAZAM will not only be about skills and responsibilities but offering you real experiences, challenges, and opportunities to shine all while gaining the knowledge to grow your passion and prepare for your next goals.
ITS, Inc., SHAZAM, a leading national electronic funds transfer system is actively seeking an HP Systems Programmer Intern to join the team in our Johnston office. This is an excellent opportunity to gain skills under the guidance of experts in the field, significantly contribute to a world-class transaction processing solution, and position yourself for a future career in IT at SHAZAM. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating, fast-paced environment with an opportunity to shine and grow your talents, we’d like to hear from you.
· Resolve issues in the production environment with the guidance of a mentor.
· Work with leading development and organizational tools.
· Build high quality solutions, delivered on or ahead of schedule.
· Identify and implement process improvements within your team
· Support and facilitate change while implementing new technologies
· Perform complete unit and integration testing to ensure the solution meets or exceeds requirements with a zero defect mindset.
During your internship you will:
· Perform daily monitoring of the systems, flag exceptions and perform further investigations with the guidance of a mentor to resolve the exceptions.
· Work within a cross functional group on a wide variety of challenges where teamwork and communication are the most important skills.
· Take responsibility for deliverables with the guidance of a mentor.
· Gain an understanding of current application solutions as well as current and future project initiatives.
· Gain an understanding of how the NonStop systems function at a low level.
· Develop a working knowledge of HP NonStop subsystems such as Measure, Netbatch and Safeguard just to name a few.
· Assist with defect identification and research while working with the vendor towards a resolution.
· Assist with third party product upgrades.
· Develop a working knowledge of HP TACL code to support routines that Shazam has written and position yourself to write new routines.
· Learn about SHAZAM’s place in the market and role as a leader in the EFT industry
· Must be working towards a degree in Computer Science/MIS/BIS or equivalent.
· Must have completed at least two Java course and one Database course.
· Available to work 20-40 hours per week.
· Highly motivated and fully engaged with a commitment to high standards.
· EFT, Banking Industry knowledge, and/or tactical problem-solving a plus
The Strength of SHAZAM
SHAZAM’s an independent company in the thriving financial services industry. We offer a dynamic, fast-paced work environment where you'll be challenged and rewarded for your achievements. Our employees’ professional growth and development is top priority, and you’ll be surrounded by talented individuals and postured to make a real difference in the company. As a team member at SHAZAM, you’ll be an essential part of our mission as we work together strengthening community financial institutions. We’re a trusted partner to our valued customers providing answers, choice and innovation with an impeccable level of customer service — a level unmatched in the industry. And here’s the best part. We’re a national company that offers a small-company feel, a cultural balance that’s hard to come by but very real at SHAZAM. As an employee here, you’ll get to know everyone from the front line to the CEO, and be a part of a highly collaborative work environment.
Join SHAZAM and be a part of a motivated and vibrant group of people. We offer highly competitive salary packages and attractive benefits:
Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, plus flexible spending accounts
Retirement plan, plus financial planning assistance
Paid time off, paid parental leave, volunteer time off, and paid corporate holidays
Wellness programs, on-site fitness center and fitness reimbursement
Life insurance and disability plans
Employee rewards, recognition programs and employee referral program
Two Des Moines area facilities with secure building access and free on-site parking. (Johnston office is located in a greenbelt area).
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
PROTECTED VETERANS AND INDIVIDUAL WITH DISABILITY
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by ITS, Inc. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
If you believe you are receiving communications related to this position from someone other than SHAZAM, please email HumanResourcesGroup@SHAZAM.net. SHAZAM will not ask you to share financial information as part of the application process.
If you’re interested in this position, click the Apply Now button below to apply online.