Corteva Agriscience Germplasm Security Intern in Johnston, Iowa
Corteva Agriscience is seeking a Germplasm Security Research Intern in our Seed Product Development group to participate in a 3-month internship in Johnston, Iowa. This internship is designed to provide research experience through monitoring plant breeding and intellectual property (IP) protection of germplasm. You will gain exposure across multiple aspects of germplasm protection including IP protection mechanisms, market surveillance, and related activities. In addition, there will be opportunities to engage in industry policy projects related to germplasm protection in various crops.
Responsibilities - What You'll Do:
· You will work as part of a team the following research and IP areas: field activities, analysis and application of lab results related to Plant Variety Protection and Utility Patent filings, and subsequent activities after IP is in place.
· You will also provide support for current industry policy projects with the goal of strengthening a holistic IP environment globally. This support may include molecular marker and phenotypic trait analyses and germplasm curation for the preservation of germplasm resources.
· You will also manage your own research project with the expectation of presenting a verbal report to the larger intern group found throughout the United States.
· Intern positions provide excellent experience that can be applied to full-time positions in the industry or in preparation for additional graduate level training in the plant sciences.
Qualifications - What You'll Bring:
· Priority will be given to students that are at least current sophomores at an accredited university. Interns can be undergraduate or graduate students.
· Education focus in Genetics, Plant Breeding, Plant Physiology, Biology or a related plant science field
· Experience in a team/collaborative working environment
· Understanding of crop production is beneficial
· Preference will be given to students with a minimum GPA of 3.0
· Must be enrolled at an accredited university at the time of internship
Corteva Agriscience™ is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to boldly embracing the power of inclusion, diversity, and equity to enrich the lives of our employees and strengthen the performance of our company, while advancing equity in agriculture. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. Discrimination, harassment and retaliation are inconsistent with our values and will not be tolerated. If you require a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit:
Accessibility Page for Contact Information
For US Applicants: See the ‘Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law’ poster
To all recruitment agencies: Corteva does not accept unsolicited third party resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs