Continental Fire Sprinkler Company Fire Sprinkler Design Intern - Continental Fire & Alarm District (Summer 2023) in Hanover, Maryland
Requisition ID: 157999
Job Level: Internship
Home District/Group: Continental Fire & Alarm District
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time Temporary
Continental Fire Sprinkler Company is a full-service fire suppression company that designs, installs, services and inspects fire protection systems. Our headquarters are in Omaha, NE, with area offices in Davenport, IA; Des Moines, IA; and Glen Burnie, MD. We pride ourselves on developing top-notch people into the managers and leaders of the future. Our success is evidenced by the number of successful, long-term Continental employees. We commit extensive resources to training and developing our people through formal programs and hands-on experience. Our experienced personnel, use of innovative technology and genuine dedication to customer service has established us as a trusted source for fire protection services.
Location This position is based out of our main office in Omaha, Nebraska and Hanover, Maryland
You will assist the Design Department with multiple tasks including but not limited to:
• revising shop drawings
• making test papers and preparing job packets
• preparing CAD backgrounds
As a Design intern you may manage and design projects as assigned with supervision by the Area Design Manager or Contract Design Manager.
Successful candidates must:
• Be available for part-time work during the school year (not mandatory) and full-time work during the Summer of 2023
• Be pursuing a degree in Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering, Construction Management, or related degree strongly preferred (Associates degree also considered)
• Have knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Have a strong work ethic - willing to do what it takes to get the job done
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Have experience in AutoCAD
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.