UnityPoint Health Patient Experience Specialist-Internal Medicine-Grinnell in Grinnell, Iowa
The Patient Experience Specialist creates accurate and thorough registration records for each patient visit. They are responsible for obtaining demographic and financial information, as well as obtaining signatures required for successful billing submission. This position will also collect patient liability, before, or at the time of service as defined by the patient's insurance plan and will identify those patients who may need financial assistance. Greets patients and visitors, determines their needs, and directs them in a pleasant and professional manner. Answers the telephone, takes messages, and schedules appointments. Performs other tasks as requested, both clerical and administrative. Exemplifies excellent customer service in every aspect of their work while demonstrating courtesy, compassion and respect.
• Greet patients and visitors and obtains accurate demographic and insurance information for office records.
• Obtain signatures on all forms pertinent to the patient’s current visit from the patient or family member who has authority to sign on behalf of the patient.
• Photocopy & scan insurance cards and driver’s license.
• Collect copayments, coinsurance, and past due balances at time of service.
• Refer patients who need financial assistance with their clinic/hospital bills to a Financial Advocate.
• Answers telephone calls promptly and accurately. Takes telephone messages and directs calls in appropriate and professional manner.
• Schedule and maintain patient appointments for provider and nurse schedules.
• Manage preregistration work queues.
• Retrieve, file, photocopy, or scan medical correspondence, reports and miscellaneous items, as requested.
• Collect payments, issue receipt’s and reconcile daily accounts receivable activity to prepare for daily deposits.
• Open and/or close clinic following specific guidelines of the individual clinic.
• Monitor supplies and forms to assure adequate stock and compliance.
• Complete all clinic medical record requests.
• Adhere to all confidentiality policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates initiatives to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
• Readjusts work assignments according to backlogs, absences, etc., and reports to leadership.
• Balance team and individual responsibilities.
• Be open and objective to other’s views.
• Give and welcome feedback.
• Contribute to positive team goals.
• Put the success of the team above own interests.
• Graduate of high school or equivalent.
• Previous healthcare experience – Preferred
• Working knowledge of medical terminology and third-party payer is helpful
• Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons
Requisition ID: 2021-92347
Street: 202 4th Ave
Name: 3220 UnityPoint Health Grinnell Regional Medical Center
Name: Fam Med/Internal Med
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Mon-Fri days
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org