Lilly Undergrad IDS Intern in Des Moines, Iowa
At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 35,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We’re looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
Responsibilities Technologist Internship Overview: Are you passionate about using your skills to make a difference in patients’ lives? As a Technologist intern at Lilly, you will be assigned a project which will contribute to the Information and Data Solutions (IDS) organization. This will allow you to build a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and understand the role IDS plays in building solutions for Lilly. Professionals in Information and Digital Solutions careers come from a variety of backgrounds, bringing an assortment of knowledge and skills to support everything from research to marketing to global infrastructure. In the internship, you will have exposure to mentors, potential career paths, and senior leadership. At the conclusion of the summer, you will present your project highlights, findings, and general internship accomplishments to other Information and Digital Solutions professionals.
As a Lilly Technologist Intern, you will:
• Take on a project based on your interests
• Understand your business area and anticipate future needs
• Respond to customer requirements using your business and technical knowledge
• Propose solutions and influence business decisions
• Manage your own priorities and allocation of time to meet deadlines
At Lilly we offer many roles that utilize various technical capabilities across a wide range of business areas. Based on prior skills and area demand you will have the chance to work in key business areas using many of the capabilities outlined below:
• Business & Technology Integration - Anticipate business needs and identify technical solutions that generate business outcomes
• Modern Architecture - Define a network of interconnected components covering applications, services, data, and infrastructure
• Data Science & Machine Learning - Develop, deploy, and use advanced data/algorithm capabilities that empower decision-making across the company • Digital Product Operations - Deploy and support the digital elements that enable our molecules, devices, apps, algorithms, and data • Customer Experience Design - Deliver integrated experiences for all our consumers so that they work seamlessly together in the context of the person using them
• Cyber Security - Protect the information, products, and systems that enable Lilly to deliver on its mission
• Development Operations - Manage the methods and tools facilitating communication, collaboration, and integration between development, operations, and quality assurance
• Business Process Automation - Find opportunities for automation and configure software or bots to execute repeatable tasks in order to reduce errors and add efficiency Basic Qualifications Requirements:
• You are currently attending a college/university and will have completed your sophomore or junior year by June 2021 in an information technology, business, statistics, security, and/or scientific related program
• You are legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Additional Skills/Preferences Desired Experience:
• Dedication to a career in technology and a passion for applying technology solutions to help patients live better lives
• Solid skills in problem analysis and solving
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Proven teamwork/interpersonal skills
• Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom
• Familiarity with design, development, and operational methodologies (I.e. Agile, Waterfall, ITIL)
• Passion for working on a team from diverse backgrounds Additional Information
• Lilly arranges activities including sporting events, dinners, and lunch and learns to provide opportunities for socializing, professional development, and learning more about the pharmaceutical industry
• You will receive a competitive salary and free parking
• If you need to move from another location, Lilly will provide subsidized housing
• All interns will be considered for full-time positions based on their performance over the course of their summer internship.
• Lilly credits our outstanding employees for our successes and knows the key to ongoing achievement lies in attracting and retaining the best people. Here are a few of the recognitions Lilly has earned for building an exceptional work environment:
o Business Week magazine 50 Best Places to Launch A Career ™
o Black Enterprise 2018 list of 50 Best Companies for Diversity™
o Fortune 50 Best Companies for Minorities ™
o Working Mother 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers ™
o Science magazine Best Companies for Scientists ™
o DiversityInc. Top 50 Companies for Diversity™
o Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index™ – 100% score o World’s Most Ethical Company™
o JUST Company™
Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly USA, LLC and our wholly owned subsidiaries (collectively “Lilly”) are committed to help individuals with disabilities to participate in the workforce and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Lilly, please email Lilly Human Resources ( LillyRecruitingCompliance@lists.lilly.com ) for further assistance. Please note This email address is intended for use only to request an accommodation as part of the application process. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
At Lilly we strive to ensure our employees are part of a team that cares about them and our shared purpose of making life better for those around the world. How do we do this? We continue to look for ways to include, innovate, accelerate and deliver while maintaining integrity, excellence and respect for people. We hope that you seek to join us on our journey as we create medicine and deliver improved outcomes for patients across the globe!
- Lilly Jobs