FIELDCORE SERVICE SOLUTIONS LLC Field Engineer Intern (Northeast Region), ( 23-8509) in Des Moines, Iowa
The Field Engineer Intern will learn the fundamentals of FieldCore Turbine and Generator products under the guidance of experienced Field Engineers/Technical Field Advisors. This role will assist Resource and Event Managers on a variety of engineering projects of varying scope and complexities. The duration of this internship is about 6 months. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undergo interactive Web-based training to learn the fundamentals of Turbine and Generator product lines as well as completing the required environment al, health and safety trainings that are a pre-requisite to visiting customers' sites.
- Develop skill in the use of FieldCore web-based technical applications.
- Learn the fundamentals of project management, scheduling, resource loading, and cost control to provide support to FieldCore Field Engineers with onsite project execution.
- Assist the Event Managers and Field Engineers with project pre-planning, execution, and post execution efforts such as, arranging subcontractors, expediting shop repair activities, facilitation of parts orders critical to outage fulfillment, and tracking / execution of customer warranty claims on assigned turbine/generator equipment.
- Assist the Event Managers with research projects and business simplification projects., Research and prepare engineering drawing packages and spare parts lists based on customers' requests.
- Provide communications, remote, and on-site support to job sites and site teams to expedite parts, third party suppliers, subcontractors support, and other respective supporting resources,
- Gain familiarity and experience with maintenance / repairs of large frame size gas and/or steam turbines. Engage with functional support groups such as sourcing to expedite short notice purchases and goods shipment for overhaul jobs.
- Engage with Project controls advisors to learn project cost tracking, receiving, and invoicing practices.
- Ability and willingness to work holidays, weekends and overtime as required by field assignments.
- Travel will be required (up to 100%).
- May be assigned other duties to help proactively drive our FieldCore vision and align with our organization's core values.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in course of completion in Engineering or Engineering Technologies (Chemical, Computer, Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Software, Systems, Aviation).
- Open to current students who will be returning to their in-class studies upon the completion of the work term.
- Exceptional communication, planning, technical and people skills
- Willingness to travel
- Commitment to environmental health and safety
- Able to work in a team environment and cooperate with fellow workers
- Capable of creative thinking and quick problem solving
- Team player
Compensation and Benefits: The hourly wage range for this position is $13.89 to 23.61. Employees may be eligible for overtime. FieldCore benefits include insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life), retirement savings, health and Wellness reimbursement, and a bonus or incentive program. Eligibility for FieldCore benefits is determined under the terms of the applicable benefits plan.
FieldCore, a GE company, is an independent, industrial field services organization focused on World-Class Execution across the power generation and oil and gas industries. We have brought together more than 12,000 of the foremost experts in field services to focus on one thing: delivering excellent outcomes for our customers. As a global organization, we celebrate the uniqueness of our diverse employees and strive to create an inclusive culture. Our people are driven by our core values of safety, integri y, and quality, and focused by our guiding principles. For more information visit our website
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
FieldCore is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law