Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines EUC Validation Intern in Des Moines, Iowa
EUC Validation Intern
Des Moines, IA
06 Market Risk
EUC Validation Intern
This is an interesting role in the bank in which the incumbent will interact extensively with developers and owners of End User Computing applications (EUCs) throughout the bank and present findings and recommendations to major stakeholders. This position provides a unique opportunity to learn about and evaluate all types of banking EUCs pertaining to various areas such as market risk, credit and collateral risk, trading and financial accounting.
Major responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Participate in EUC validation projects to conduct robust and comprehensive testing and analysis of various EUCs according to the bank’s EUC Risk Management Policy and relevant regulatory guidelines.
• Assess EUC risk and make recommendations on EUC use and remediation of identified deficiency. Generate validation reports detailing conclusions of the EUC validation and present findings and recommendations to EUC owners and relevant management committees.
• Evaluate compliance with applicable policy, regulations and/or laws
• Participate in other EUC related activities, such as regulatory guidelines and the improvement of EUC validation practices.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field.
• Completion of or progress towards MBA or other advanced degree preferred.
Skills and Capabilities
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate business operations and identify related issues
• Ability to evaluate and apply policy, regulation and/or law to business operations
• Working knowledge in Excel.
• Ability to understand how EUCs are used in business decision-making and their major impact on financial statement and risk measurement, etc.
• Strong independent problem solving capability.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills. Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects on a concurrent basis and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with other internal staff on EUC validations