Stanley Acess Technologies Accounting Intern - Part Time in Delhi, Iowa
71784BRTitle:Accounting Intern - Part TimeBusiness:US - Stanley Infrastructure State/Country/Province:Iowa No. of Positions:1Job Description:COMPANY OVERVIEW
For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done — and we have since 1843. Our commitment to quality, safety and sustainability keeps us focused on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being For Those Who Make The World.
STANLEY Infrastructure, a division of Stanley Black & Decker, is a global manufacturer of hydraulic tools and attachments with world class brands such as STANLEY, Paladin, LaBounty and Pengo. STANLEY Infrastructure has rich history focusing on bringing innovative solutions to market and is recognized around the world for the strength of its people, products and brands.
STANLEY Infrastructure is a growth platform with plans to double its revenue over the next few years through organic growth and strong corporate M&A commitment.
Accounting Intern will participate in a well-rounded accounting experience including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Our intern will also assist with various month-end closeout procedures including generating and posting journal entries, reconciling accounts, and researching variances.
The successful candidate who performs well in this role will have growth opportunities available within the business. Learn more about the Stanley Infrastructure business at www.stanleyinfrastructure.com and learn more about Stanley Black & Decker at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Process vendor invoices for payment
• Apply customer payments
• Create & post month end journal entries
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to sit for long periods of time, bend, stretch, stoop, stand and reach as necessary.
• Ability to speak, hear & see clearly.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Current student majoring in accounting, finance, or general business
• Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task
• Must have initiative to meet deadlines
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Must be able to work both as an individual & in teams
• The schedule is less than 20 hours/week
• Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth.
• Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
• Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
• Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
This internship is not eligible to receive fringe benefits with the company (outside of a 90 day waiting period for medical benefits) nor are you entitled to unemployment compensation benefits after you terminate your position.Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity. Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition Number:71784BRFunction:Finance and Accounting City:DelhiEEO Statement:All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers:Administrative, Finance & Accounting