Cobham Mission Systems Engineer Internship (Summer 2020) in Davenport, Iowa
Cobham is seeking a Systems Engineer – Internship (Summer 2020) to work for a dynamic team in a fast-paced, aerospace and defense manufacturing environment. Cobham’s structured internship program offers real world experience and mentoring through a variety of activities and assignments. This position is located Davenport, IA.
- Work on integrated product development teams to optimize designs and verify mechanical/pneumatic system performance
- With supervision, assist with product design and testing to include data collection and analysis
- Component and product failure analysis
- Assist with assembly of prototypes and test fixtures
- Junior or Senior status in college and currently working towards a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited institution
- Minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience or study of fluid dynamics and/or mechatronics
- Prior related internship or work experience
- Hands on experience with aircraft or aircraft systems
For more information regarding the Davenport facility and products manufactured there, please visit the below links:
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
To see all of our latest opportunities and for consideration please visitwww.cobham.com/careers
Follow us on our LinkedIn page atwww.linkedin.com/company/cobham
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Carleton Life Support Systems Inc.
Job Posting: 04-Dec-2019, 8:36:03 AM
Recruiter: Jennifer Wells
Req ID: 306061