Eaton Corporation Internship: Quality Engineer - Davenport, IA in Davenport, Iowa
What you’ll do:
2024 Summer Internship – Quality Engineering
Mission Systems Davenport is seeking a Quality Engineering – Summer Intern to work for a dynamic team in a fast-paced, aerospace and defense manufacturing environment. Eaton’s structured internship program offers real world experience and mentoring through a variety of activities and assignments.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Tactical Project Implementation – Two projects are planned for this internship:
Metrology Improvement Project - Inspection capability improvement and inspection planning – define inspection plans for new and updated prints to define equipment used, inspection programs for CMM, FARO or Edge scanners and/or handheld inspection equipment.
APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) – Participate in the implementation of APQP on a product line with the creation of PFMEAs (Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) and the related quality improvement plans for the Control Plan and the MSA (Measurement System Analysis).
• Currently enrolled in an engineering discipline at an accredited education institutional institution (college or university).
• Minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher.
• Relocation is not provided for this role. Candidates must reside within the immediate geographic area to be considered.
• Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future.
• AutoCAD system experience and required working knowledge and experience with computers preferred
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
• Experience with Microsoft Project
• Experience with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
• Experience with APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning)
• Knowledge of a wide variety of manufacturing processes including assembly and pull systems.
• Technical understanding and experience with Lean Manufacturing Systems and Six Sigma methodology.
• Ability to think strategically and see big picture in dynamic business environment.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate articulately and professionally across many organizational levels and functions.
• Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, driven to add value and deliver results.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs