Parker Hannifin Corporation Human Resource Intern in Davenport, Iowa
Human Resource Intern
IA-Davenport, United States
Group: Fluid Connector Grp N. America
Job Family: Professional - Entry
Job ID: 11686-1A
< Return to Search Results
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
- The HR Internship will provide exposure including but not limited to the employee review process, training processes, salary and hourly recruitment, onboarding processes, recordkeeping and retention, apprentice programs, and employee relations tasks relating to associate handbooks and communication.
- May be involved in sourcing, interviewing, and screening applicants at high levels, and other related selection activities. Consults with staff on temporary staffing plans, and outsourcing alternatives.
- Increasing the understanding and consistent application of company policies through training and communication methods. Assists with interpretation of policies. Observes and promotes adherence to all ethical standards.
- Assists in the communication and promotion of employee benefit and wellness programs.
- Applies continuous improvement measures and methods for creating efficient HR administrative processes.
Provides specialized expertise in one or more human resources functional areas and assists in generalist responsibilities for the location. Provides assistance with projects and programs of diverse scope relating to HR functions. Assist in organizational development and change that supports key business objectives.
Qualifications: 1. Qualified Candidates will be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field. 2. Experience with Microsoft Office Products, HRIS software, and Peoplesoft preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities 1. Obtains some growing knowledge of human resource principles, legal requirements related to human resources policies and practices. 2. Ability to communicate with various levels of the organization effectively 3. Ability to provide high quality customer service through phone calls, email, and face to face interactions
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprintposter.pdf and http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocgina_supplement.pdf