BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF NEBRASKA Community Engagement Intern: Starts Summer 2024 in COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa
To millions of Americans, Blue Cross and Blue Shield means peace of mind when it\'s needed the most. That\'s because the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brand represents the nation\'s largest and most experienced health care benefit companies, providing insurance coverage to 1 out of every 3 Americans. As a licensee of the BCBS Association since 1939, BCBSNE has celebrated 80+ years of Nebraskans serving Nebraskans. Not only do we provide health insurance coverage to Nebraskans, we are also active members of the communities where our customers live and work by giving back through volunteering and our corporate social responsibility efforts. In addition, we take care of our employees: BCBSNE was named the 2nd best employer in Nebraska by Forbes in 2023. We would love for you to be a part of BCBSNE\'s journey as an intern where you will gain hands-on experiences solving real-world problems.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is a Partner of Choice for the Nebraska University System. Our Interns work a hybrid schedule and spend some days working on-site at our Omaha office located in Aksarben Village. Therefore, you will need to live within commuting distance from June 3, 2024 - August 2, 2024.
The Community Engagement Intern will work closely with team members to support BCBSNE\'s efforts in the community, including sponsorships and employee volunteerism.
What you\'ll do:
- Support BCBSNE\'s efforts in the community, including sponsorships and employee volunteerism
- Work closely with the Director of DEI to coordinate programs and projects
- Track the impact of BCBSNE\'s community efforts (volunteer hours, matching gifts, donations, etc.)
- Provide high-level administrative support to community engagement and DEI activities
To be considered for an interview, you must meet all of the following:
- Current undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in Human Services, Public Administration, Non-Profit Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field
- Strong organizational skills with consistent attention to details and deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong collaboration and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrated volunteerism and community involvement
Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting NebraskaBlue.com/Careers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans