BUNGE NORTH AMERICA INC Commodity Merchandising and Trading Intern in COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa
At Bunge, people don\'t just come here to work, they come here to grow - solving challenges that directly impact the world with a diverse team of thinkers and doers. Most importantly, in all we do we live our values: * Act as One Team by fostering inclusion, collaboration, and respect * Drive for Excellence by being agile, innovative and efficient * Do What\'s Right by acting safely, ethically, and sustainably
The Commodity Merchandising Intern Prorgram will provide candidates the opportunity to gain an understanding of commercial and operational activities at a Bunge location by fully participating in everyday commercial and operational processes including customer contact, systems use, analysis of data, and elevator/processing plant functions. Emphasis is placed on quickly assimilating daily procedures and techniques to becoming a functioning member of the facility team. Additionally, interns may travel 5-10% of their time on the job to other Bunge locations or on crop scouting excursions.
Interns will be based in U.S. field locations. Selected candidates must be able/willing to relocate for the duration of the internship.
- Embrace and support zero-incident safety culture foundations and principles
- Assimilate commercial and operational techniques and processes
- Originate grain from producers and elevators
- Measure and report daily activity, crop conditions, weather, and other market information
- Assist BNA Research team in scouting crops as needed
- Join commercial team on customer and supplier visits and report findings
- Gain familiarity with plant/elevator processes and systems
- Learn Bunge customer service routines to effectively engage suppliers and customers
- Travel to other Bunge locations for training/exposure purposes
- Pursuing a Bachelor\'s or Master\'s degree in an accredited two or four year college or university
- Must be team oriented
- Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of people
- Must be willing to relocate and work outside of normal comfort zone
- Must be task flexible, willing to work outside as needed, and able to travel.
- Must be an active, full-time student in good academic standing at the time of application with at least 30 credit hours completed.
- Must have an interest in an agribusiness career.
Bunge (NYSE: BG) is a world leader in sourcing, processing and supplying oilseed and grain products and ingredients. Founded in 1818, Bunge\'s expansive network feeds and fuels a growing world, creating sustainable products and opportunities for more than 70,000 farmers and the consumers they serve across the globe. The company is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri and has 25,000 employees worldwide who stand behind more than 350 port terminals, oilseed processing plants, grain facilities, and food and ingredient production and packaging facilities around the world.
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Bunge is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled