United Technologies Corporation Quality Engineering Co-op (Summer/Fall 2020) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID: 01389553
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Works as an individual contributor to set and achieve objectives for own area of responsibility. Influences process and planning decisions with knowledge and explanations of Quality Engineering policies, practices, and procedures.
• Conducts processes to modify, apply, and maintain quality evaluation, control systems and protocols.
• Provides explanations of testing and inspection plans, methods and technologies to assure reliability and conformance of products and processes.
• Provides analysis and recommendations for corrective actions for nonconformities and/or design problems for internally produced products & processes.
• Utilizes UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.) to identify and develop recommendations for managing risk in product development.
• Conducts reviews to ensure all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
• Reviews process control documentation to ensure it is in compliance with requirements, objectives, and/or contracts.
• Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for materials being processed into partially finished or finished products.
• Working with product design and specification, devises testing plans, methods and equipment to assure reliability of product Collaborates internally to ensure quality standards are in effect.
• Ensures that projects and process control documentation are compliant with requirements, objectives and/or contracts.
• Identifies and manages risk in product development primarily utilizing and driving UPPAP core elements (e.g. PFMEA, MSA, Process Flow and Control Plans, etc.).
• Develops proactive quality initiative strategies and drives their implementation.
• Performs Escape management procedures, root cause analysis, and recommends corrective action for design problems for internally produced products & processes.
• Ensures all requirements are met for work transfer and process change management including Resourcing Gate and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) acceptance.
• Designs and implements product engineering changes to satisfy quality issues raised by customers.
• Responsible for both Program and Product Quality Engineering.
• Responsible for development of new inspection technologies or methodologies to assure product conformance.
US Citizenship is required.
Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link at http://www.utc.com/privacy to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.
United Technologies Corporation
- United Technologies Corporation Jobs