United Technologies Corporation HW/SW Test Equipment Development Intern (Summer 2020) in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job ID: 01350372
City: Cedar Rapids
Country: United States
Category: Interns/Co-Ops, Engineering
Job Type: Full Time
United States of America
HIA32: Cedar Rapids, IA 400 Collins Rd NE , Cedar Rapids, IA, 52498-0505 USA
Want to gain experience designing test solutions for a variety of different electronic Aerospace and Defense products? If so this may be the opportunity that you have been looking for. As an intern in Collins Test Engineering you will join project execution teams. Here you will be given hardware and/or software tasks developing product tests for a variety of Collins products. If you don’t want to be limited to only hardware or software engineering this position is for you, as knowledge of both are essential to this position. Collins takes pride in developing great talent so each intern will be assigned a mentor to help support learning and development.
The Test Engineering Center of Excellence is seeking to fill an Electrical Engineering Intern position with a talented individual who is working towards a BSEE or BSCmptrE. The primary responsibility for this position is to assist test engineers in developing and sustaining manufacturing and service test solutions for Collins Aerospace and Defense products. The student who fills this position will develop strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills. This position will heavily utilize hardware and software development and debug skills on multi-rack test stations used to test Collins products. These test stations may include but are not limited by the following test equipment: Digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, power supplies and electronic loads. This position will also support development of thermal and vibration test equipment and software suites for environmental stress and screening requirements of Collins products.
Other responsibilities and job requirements include but are not limited to the following:
• Review product designs and create test solutions that maximize test coverage in the manufacturing and service environments.
• Prepare and present project / technical information to peers, internal management and customers.
• Highly motivated and possess effective oral/written communication and interpersonal/team skills.
• Knowledge of additional programming languages, C/C++, Pearl and Python are a plus.
• Excellent time management skills - ability to multitask and delegate work to support technicians, engineering project assistants and peers.
• Ability to reverse engineer existing equipment (i.e. documenting something that is already built)
• Design and implement activities required to deploy the project test solutions to world-wide destinations.
• Software skills in C#.
• Ability to read basic electronic schematics.
• Must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required.
• Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent and student must be pursuing a Bachelor's or advanced degree in an applicable discipline.
• Must be pursuing a BSEE or BSCmptrE.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
United Technologies Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age, or any other federally protected class.
Thank you for your interest in a career at United Technologies! We will soon upgrade to an improved job application system to simplify the apply experience. You will still be able to apply to any of our current job openings through December 18, 2018. On January 2, 2019, our new and improved job application system will launch; please check back on that date to see all of our job openings.
United Technologies Corporation
- United Technologies Corporation Jobs