Encore Event Technology Internship, Audio Visual - Cedar Rapids - Spring 2024 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
The Event Technology Internship is slated to begin in January and run through May.
The Event Technology Intern will assist in the set-up and operation of large and small scale audiovisual system for live events while ensuring the utmost client satisfaction. This role will learn work in the field providing technical and sales support, or as a corporate professional at one of the offices. This position will report into field or corporate management.
Key Job Responsibilities
• Ensures a flawlessly executed event through accurate and timely setup, operation, and breakdown of basic audiovisual equipment as listed in the technical qualifications section.
• Strives to exceed the expectations and needs of internal and external customers.
• Maintains a positive relationship with all clients through effective communication.
• Meets with guests on site to ensure that their needs are met and the equipment setup is working properly.
• Monitors events and checks in on customers throughout the events' duration.
• Understands and fosters the hotel/client relationship.
• Understands the technical aspects of the job and demonstrates basic operational ability to troubleshoot and problem solve with equipment and software issues.
• Handles equipment challenges and changes in a timely and professional manner.
• Understands company processes, follows procedures, and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
• Uses the equipment sheets to determine the equipment scheduled for set up and for strike.
• Interacts with other staff and outside vendors for equipment.
• Increases revenue by utilizing floor up-selling techniques.
• Works with clients to finalize invoices.
• Completes order entries in Navigator, as needed.
• Currently pursuing a BA/BS Degree; preference in Hospitality, Business, Media Production, Radio/TV/Film, or related field.
• 0-6 months of field audio visual or customer service experience.
• Technical aptitude demonstrated through interest and exposure to new technology.
• Ability to work at a hotel location within the major metro market you are applying for (our hotels can cover the city to the suburbs).
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Work is performed in a hotel/convention center environment with moderate exposure to outdoor temperatures and to dirt, sand and/or dust. The working conditions will vary between moderately quiet to noisy volumes. Team members will use high-end audio visual equipment and electrical components, and will be exposed to heights via lifts and ladders. Team members may be asked to work in multiple hotel locations. Working times will include irregular hours and on-call status including days, evenings, weekends and holidays. Team members must adhere to appearance guidelines as defined by Encore based on an individual hotel or a representation of hotels in that city or area.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
- Encore Jobs