CNH Industrial Design Engineering Intern in Burlington, Iowa
Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Parts & Service, is a major international force in its specific sector. The Design Engineering Intern will gain knowledge on the design process including evaluation and importance of product quality and cost; establishment of necessary product evaluation; working as part of a cross-functional team; meeting established deadlines; use of engineering design tools (i.e. hardware) and practice balancing work tasks with priority and expectations.
- While under supervision and guidance, product engineering interns at CNH will become acquainted with the overall engineering operation while performing engineering duties to develop or enhance new and existing tractor loader backhoe (TLB), Tractor Loader (TL) or Rough Terrain Forklift (RTFL) construction equipment including:
• Participate in the general design engineering of new and existing products
• Create designs, layouts and detail drawings for component and sub-systems
• Prepares change requests, parts lists, test and product evaluation requests and reports as directed to Lead Engineers.
• Contributes to the overall profitability of new and existing products
• Contributes to the decrease of overall product warranty activity
The typical types of decisions the interns will be expected to make include:
• Choosing the most efficient and effective solid modeling practice for components
• Prioritize work tasks based on available information and time schedules.
- Pursuing a minimum of a AG, Electrical, Mechanical Engineer or related degree program
A self starter with a willingness to be part of a design team, follow the directions given, prioritize their workload based on the information available and inform their supervisor if they need more work or have questions.
The individual will be immediately be a member of a team assigned a critical project and expected to manage their own time and projects meeting targets and deadlines
The intern will be preferred to have knowledge of or experience with construction or farm equipment and an interest in machine or subsystem design.
CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement here.
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or contact us at email@example.com.
Read about our company’s commitment to pay transparency by clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Requisition ID: 2020-15606
External Company URL: www.CNHindustrial.com